Oct 10, 2019
Title: “The Rising Cost of Health Insurance”
Guest: Brittany Porter
- Health insurance cost was $146 per person per year.
- After inflation adjustments, costs are still 9 times higher
than they were in 1960.
- Average individual cost was $440 per month
- Average family coverage $1,168 per month
- Both costs can include high deductibles, which means you could
pay between $5,000 and $7,000 before insurance kicks in.
- These numbers don’t include out of pocket max
- And that’s if insurance covers the tests
- Discuss in-network vs out of network
- In 2017, median household income in the US was $61,372
- A third of that income could potentially be going to health
insurance-before coverage begins!
- Why does it cost so much to be covered?
- Does quality of care take a hit when working with insurance
- What other healthcare options are available?
Health news that’s fresh off the
Facebook: Stay Young America!
Join us next time for….